Vulcan Grip® is the world’s only belt-friendly, ultra-hard, factory-applied coating for sheaves and pulleys that dramatically improves V-belt grip without harming the belt.
At Extreme Industrial Coatings LLC, we apply our patented (U.S. Pat. No. 9,382,995) Vulcan Grip coating to new and used pulleys.
To the eye, Vulcan Grip has a barely perceptible texture. At the microscopic level, however, Vulcan Grip’s texture is similar to an asphalt road surface. Car tires love asphalt, and vulcanized rubber V-belts love to run on Vulcan Grip.
Vulcan Grip advantages for machine operators and mechanics:
- Reduces belt slippage. Belt slippage is dramatically reduced because treated pulley grooves retain their factory-perfect shape. Vulcan Grip’s ultra-hard nano-crystalline ceramic resists wear, so it’s like running with new pulleys every time you fire up your machine.
- Improves belt performance. V-belts perform much better when they don’t glaze, crack, and slip due to overheating. Slippage creates a lot of heat, and V-belts hate being hot.
- Increases belt life. When V-belts don’t slip, they last much longer.
- Less wear on bearings and gearboxes. When there is less heat conducting from pulleys, bearings and gearboxes last longer, too.
- Tough in the field. Pulleys treated with Vulcan Grip are far more tolerant of dusty, dirty, wet, oily environments than new, untreated pulleys.
- Makes money. Vulcan Grip improves machine performance, efficiency, up-time, and productivity.
- Improves fuel efficiency. We have documented a savings of 20 gallons-per-day for a CLAAS® 980 dual-engine forage harvester.
- Reduces maintenance costs. Save money on replacement belts, pulleys, bearings, and labor.
Advantages for engineers and designers:
For engineers and designers of OEM belt-driven equipment that must operate in dusty environments, Vulcan Grip permits fewer sheave grooves and less service factor (strand tension). Vulcan Grip’s high coefficient of friction also reduces V-belt slippage due to torque disturbances (on either the driver or driven sheaves), further reducing strand tension. Narrower sheaves in combination with less belt strand tension means less overhung load on bearings and a cascading series of cost-reduction benefits. Furthermore, because the road-like Vulcan Grip texture won’t wear away—even in the most abrasive soils—the field performance of your machines stay consistently high year after year so you enjoy greater customer brand loyalty.
Extreme Industrial Coatings LLC has been repairing and remanufacturing severe-duty wear components since 2003. We look forward to working with you to improve your machinery’s wear resistance and performance.